[SunRescue] SparcBook IDE/SCSI converter - FOLLOWUP

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Fri Jul 7 10:30:26 CDT 2000

To follow-up with the question I asked earlier this week about formatting an
IDE drive in Solaris that is behind an IDE/SCSI converter card-

Using the physical head/cyl/sector info for the IDE disk appeared to work
fine, resulting in a volume of the correct size, which I was able to install
Solaris on without a hitch.

I hope this holds true with disks of much higher capacity, because now I'm
going shopping for a big ol' laptop drive to stuff into my SparcBook! <grin>

Steve

Steve Hatle
NCS/VUE
shatle at vue.com