[SunRescue] How FAST is a SUN IPC

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Jul 6 19:34:17 CDT 2000

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 07:03:34PM -0500, Fleet Captain Druaga wrote:
> I know from experience that you can't use two _separate_ frame buffers in an
> IPC.

Wrong!  I had 3 heads going on an IPC at one time, for a demonstration
during a customer openhouse once.  One black and white, two color.
I had the black and white 19" running X demos, while the two color
monitors displayed Netscape (yes, it was dog slow) and the home page
of the company I worked for at the time, as well as a webcam we had
set up (5 minute still frame refresh).

(sorry to argue, but I *know* this can be done - *I've done it*.)

Bill

--
| Bill Bradford      |  www.sunhelp.org |