[SunRescue] How FAST is a SUN IPC

John F. Davis davis at skink.net
Thu Jul 6 10:40:37 CDT 2000

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 05:16:05PM +0200, chris Gnther wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> some of you propably do know me and my "little" problem with my SUN IPC.
> Now - after 6 weeks of consequentely trying to get it work and failling
> miserably - I come to a point where I'd like to know what exactly I could
> do with it would ever get it to work.
>
> So my question is:
>
>     How fast or strong is a SUN IPC?

Probably about as fast as a 486DX266.

> My configuration is as follows:
> - SUN IPC with WEITEK-Chip
> - all 12 RAM Banks filled (still don't know how much RAM this is)
> - 2GB IBM HDD
> - a second Framebuffer card

Maybe that is the problem.  I don't think you can use two frame buffers in these
cards at one time.  I tried the same thing using a LX.  Using the built-in frame
buffer and an additional sbus version.  I could never get video out of the installed
framebuffer when I had the additional one installed.  However, I don't claim to be
an expert.  Maybe you could get that kind of setup working.  I never could.