[SunRescue] Memory for Axil 425

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 5 19:25:43 CDT 2000

On July 5, earthlink.net wrote:
> Well I've tried the 2 16MB simms from the LX and the only thing that happens
> is the keyboard lights come one, then off then on and off again, but the
> fans don't move and the power light never comes on, but the HD spins up.

  The power light won't come on until the machine starts to come up.
The fans in the 245 are thermstatically controlled, so don't pay any
attention to them.

> The memory slots are labelled starting from back to front:
>
> J0400
> J0401
> J0404
> J0402
> J0403
> J0405
>
> I put the simms in slots J0400 and J0402, if they are like the LXs.

  This is correct.

  Not sure what's going on here...it might not like the SIMMs.  Be
sure to leave it on for a good long time...it can take a minute or
three to come up.

     -Dave