[SunRescue] Memory for Axil 425

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jul 5 17:34:15 CDT 2000

On July 5, Erols wrote:
> I have two Axil 245s, I'm trying to find out what kind of memory the use and where I can get it.  Currently the have no memory.

  Axil 245s use standard 72-pin parity SIMMs.  They have six sockets
which must be populated in pairs...pay attention to the slot labeling
silkscreened on the processor board.  I don't recall which capacities
the board supports; I've only used 16mb SIMMs in 245s.  Remember they
must be true parity.

  At a previous job, I worked with about two hundred Axil 245s.  They
are great machines.  Enjoy yours!

          -Dave McGuire