[SunRescue] AW: Keyboard/Mouse --Wanted / SUN IPC won't start

Fleet Captain Druaga Druaga at pmail.net
Tue Jul 4 08:30:33 CDT 2000

Make sure that you do not have the keyboard plugged in when trying to get a
message off of the serial port.  Usually you'll at least see some sort of
message like "not nvram" or something similar.  I have three IPCs that I run
headless and they all work fine.

Also it's far better to go out an get a Mac serial cable and a null-modem to
connect to serial port A on the IPC.  It's not that expensive and is far
more stable (most of the time) than making your own cable.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,

Mike Hebel