[SunRescue] How FAST is a SUN IPC

scohen - Stephen Cohen scohen at acxiom.com
Thu Jul 6 11:29:37 CDT 2000

A SPARCstation IPX running with the PowerUp CPU (40 to 80Mhz) upgrade is not
quite as fast as an Intel 486dx2 50Mhz running Linux 6.2.  However, some of
the perceived speed difference may be that the IPX appears to have much
slower graphics (X-based GUI) than the Intel box.

All of the above is 'seat of the pants' estimates.