[SunRescue] AW: Keyboard/Mouse --Wanted / SUN IPC won't start

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Tue Jul 4 07:56:50 CDT 2000

chris Gnther wrote:

> I started asking around a bit and came over a HowTo describing
> how ro connect a SUN over the serial port A with the serial port
> of a PC. I organized a cable which has the appropriate connectors
> for MINI-DIN and SER232c and followed the instructions but again
> I was not successfull, meaning I didn't get any response from the
> SUN on my terminal-program.

If you don't get any response at all, then something is really wrong
with either the machine, the serial port, or the cable. Personally,
I would suspect the cable, as generally those Suns just keep working
and working, but it may be that the port was damaged by something
that was plugged into it at some time.

Even if there is no memory in the machine, it will still actually
print out a message saying that the selftest failed.

--m