[SunRescue] Advice on repair or availability of 4/x70 power supply

Steve Hatle shatle at vue.com
Sun Jul 2 22:05:35 CDT 2000

All,

My $10.00 Sun x70 case has apparently shown why it was such a bargain- the
power supply seems to be dead. I have yet to pull it from the machine and
inspect, but even so, I'm not much of an electrical guy to diagnose and
repair it. Are there any well-known failure modes for these that I can check
for? I'm not worried about soldering in 1-2 new caps or something like that.

Lacking any success with that, lines on a replacement power supply would be
appreciated.

This should be the end of all my questions for the night <grin>.

Steve