[SunRescue] Sun KVM Switch

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Mon Jan 31 21:51:22 CST 2000

I was wondering if anybody has seen a "reasonably" priced
Sun Keyboard-Video-Mouse switch box.  I'm looking for one to
manage the TWO Sparc 10's I have.  The best price I've seen
is $400-$500 range.  I could handle up to probably around $100.
The current cost is out of bounds, given the second machine
itself is only worth around $300.

I'm not too picky about the particualr switch.  A used one is fine.
Manual switching is fine.  The only feature I'd really like to have
is to be able to allow both machines to boot without the switch being
set to them during the boot process...but I'm willing to even conceed
this dependant on price.

(BTW, yeah, I went with the Sparc 10 instead of the Sparc 20
base....even after James' suggestions...I was tempted
but....SS 10 base + module + video was the same as
the price of just SS20 base...I'll save up for an Ultra
next...)

Earl