[SunRescue] 4.3gig SCA disks

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 29 11:34:17 CST 2000

Bjorn Ramqvist:

> Also something to recommend to the daredevil SS5-owners: Incase you
> don't have an internal CDROM, or if you can sacrifice the internal one,
> put an ordinary 50-pin (or 68-pin with converter) drive where the floppy
> resides and use the CDROMs 50-pin cable. Fits nicely in there and works
> like a charm. :-)
> (but I guess you've found out that one already)

(daredevil gets up)

Been there, done that, going to buy more cooling...
I've got 2 4(.3?)GB SCA drives and one 1GB drive internal. No problem in the
winter, but during the summer, one of the 4GB drives gives problems, it's
probably not well and notices this during hot periods.

If someone wants more details as to what kind these drives are, he'll have
to wait as I'm not at home now.

Maarten