[SunRescue] Linux, SS20, partition sizes

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jan 27 18:33:16 CST 2000

I don't know how Solaris handles this, but using RedHat I was able to create
1 big partition that spanned the whole drive, and when I recompiled my
kernel one time, it got moved to past where lilo could address, and said,
PHOOEY ON YOU!  I was a little peeved, and since then I always make a /boot
partition at the start of the drive of about 25MB.  I'd guess that Solaris
might be smart enough to always keep the kernel someplace that can be
booted.
	Greg