[SunRescue] Linux, SS20, partition sizes

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jan 27 16:40:36 CST 2000

I actually managed to get a RH 6.1 CD burned last night, and my SS20
actually booted from it!  Last time I installed Solaris, I gave it the first
2000MB of my 4GB disk, in the interests of playing around with Linux to
Solaris interoperability (filesystems/disk slices).  When I tried to create
a /boot partition (where I keep the kernel and initial ram disk, and things
like that), it said "/boot partition too big".  When I've seen this message
on Intel RedHat installs, it's either meant that I'm trying to create a
slice that's bigger than the free space on the disk (not the case here), or
that I'm trying to create more slices than it can handle (which doesn't seem
right this time).  Any ideas on why this message is bugging me?  Thanks,
	Greg