[SunRescue] Broken 3/60 board

Maarten Deen mdeen at xs4all.nl
Thu Jan 27 04:55:17 CST 2000

Peter Koch:

> >>I also noticed that the board was running quite hot.
> >>The fan is rather clogged...
>
> So clean the air inlet!

The f$%&ing fan is riveted to the base. I have to get the rivets
off before I can get to the dust (which sticks to the mesh on the
inside)
Why didn't they do it like in the shoeboxes, with bolts (or did
the previous owner change that?)

> >This is pretty normal...
>
> Oh no! This is the sure way to kill the 3/60 sooner or later.
> If i get my hands on Sun3, i immediate clean all fans and
> air inlets. This reduces the temperature in the case considerably!

Could it be becase this DC/DC converter is faulty and gives off a
higher voltage?

Maarten