[SunRescue] Proposition about this list

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Thu Jan 27 03:01:29 CST 2000

Matthew Haas wrote:

> > What do y'all think of a. changing this list to hardware rescue of all
> > types (not just Sun), or b. any interest in a general hardware rescue
> > list?
>
> Actually, I like it being a Sun Rescue List... there's a nice
> knowledgeable and helpful community here which is very partial to Sun. And
> often doesn't mind going off-topic when 'another platform' comes up. I
> wouldn't mind if the list did change its mission, but just for an idea,
> maybe just increase the tolerance for a more general rescue but still
> focusing on Sun.

I agree. I wake up in the middle of the night, in fear, thinking that we
can't slice'n'dice these discussions up too much. :-)
Seperate things into too many categories just kill the
"community-feeling" over a mailinglist, and you start loosing articles.
You "know" certain people, the regulars.
Seriously, I don't think it's enough traffic, and enough people, to
justify even more mailinglists.
I have two lists to think of; SunRescue and SunHelp.
Hand on my heart, is it too much "off-topic" traffic to justify more
lists?

I love coming to work every morning, getting a mug o'coffee, and spend
the next 15-30 minutes just to read all mail from Sunhelp mailinglists.
I'm on two of them (now three including the newest one) and that feels
just about enough sometimes.

	/Regards, Bjorn