[SunRescue] Proposition about this list

Matthew Haas wedge at onlineimage.com
Wed Jan 26 21:10:48 CST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Bill Bradford wrote:

> What do y'all think of a. changing this list to hardware rescue of all
> types (not just Sun), or b. any interest in a general hardware rescue
> list?

Actually, I like it being a Sun Rescue List... there's a nice
knowledgeable and helpful community here which is very partial to Sun. And
often doesn't mind going off-topic when 'another platform' comes up. I
wouldn't mind if the list did change its mission, but just for an idea,
maybe just increase the tolerance for a more general rescue but still
focusing on Sun.

"I just got back from the dumpster, didn't find any Sun stuff, but found x
number of Dec UDPs..." etc.

Similar to a bias in the Atari/Commodore communities. I've found that
usually either won't mind talking about the other, but defend their
loyalty when necessary. :)

Just my 2 cents.

> Bill

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.14--