[SunRescue] Proposition about this list

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Tue Jan 25 17:06:35 CST 2000

Chris Petersen wrote:

> > Tim Hauber wrote:

> > > <SNIP>

> > > you deserve it, you hit me with a fish!
> > >
> > > workstations at workstations.org
> > > is the mailing address, Just realized I haven't been getting any traffic
> > > from it since last month.  A lot of the same people from the sunrescue
> > > list read it, it was started to be a general workstation support type
> > > list, to let the rescue list get back to rescuing.

> > > broken?<<
> >
> > It's worked fine the last few times that I've used it, no messages since
> > the middle of December.  When the boss buys me an Alpha station to learn
> > VMS on expect it to get busy...
> >       Greg
>
> Greg:  Should I be prepared?  Maybe it's time I dust off that OpenVMS 7.2
> kit I've got sitting in the corner :)

Hehe, well when the guys were here from River Forest (tech center), we
did an install of OpenVMS 7.1-2, and then an upgrade to 7.2-1, so I'll
be able to get through the install on my own.  Other than that, I can
add users, and add queues.  I may be attempting to use this as a
desktop, although why I'd want to replace this P-II 400 with an older
alpha station for a desktop is still a question.  So there will be a lot
of VMS questions flying this way, as soon as I call and chat with Fred.

> And don't worry, I'll have plenty to keep the workstations list hopping with
> in the near future, hopefully...If things pan out, there'll be much, much
> more coming :)

Cool, reading your posts tends to be entertaining and educational.  I
always love it when the lists are hopping, although it tends to get in
the way of "real work".  :)
	Greg