[SunRescue] Linux for SPARCStation 2

Lyndon Griffin lgriffin at BSD4US.ORG
Mon Jan 24 17:34:56 CST 2000

Chiming in a little late...  I had some severe problems with RedHat
6.0/6.1 installer on the sparcs...  the python program that is the
installer kept blowing up.  I never could get an install done.  Debian
installer was pretty cool, I had no problems there (and thus, I ran Debian
for a while until I gave up trying to build the SMP kernel and just put
Sol7 on).

Also, I never could get anything to compile right with the Debian install.
Weird stuff, they do.  I was fine as long as I stuck with the binaries
(and I do really like Debian's package management interface - a little
convoluded, if you're not used to it, but great once you are).

<:)  Lyndon Griffin
http://www.bsd4us.org