[SunRescue] SunOS for 386i

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Mon Jan 24 04:54:24 CST 2000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Kent Rankin wrote:

> 	I'm proud to sponsor Fantastik(with Bleach) and Scotch-brite steel wool
> scouring pads(fine grit only) in my day-to-day system cleaning.  *grin*

I like Bon Ami clenser myself, it's fairly mild and doesn't leave
scratches on smooth plastic.  For the tough stuff it's time to get out the
can of Ajax.  For _really_ tough stuff, spray on a layer of Kroil and let
it sit.  This will melt nearly any crud including some plastics.

> 	You've just got to be *REEEEALLY* careful.  Kind of akin to creating
> cyclonite, while walking on your hands.

Depends.  Nitration of hexamine is incredibly inefficient but can be done
blindfolded.  Anhydrous ammonia and paraformaldehyde still gives me the
willies.

Back on topic, a large 400cfm squirrel cage blower from a 4/690, some
metal flashing and a liberal application of duct tape can make a dandy
improvised fume hood.

-James