[SunRescue] Re: VME CG9

kk at enteract.com kk at enteract.com
Sun Jan 23 21:26:24 CST 2000

> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 01:21:52 +0100 (MET)
> From: Mattias Nordlund <mathew at eagle.y.se>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: [SunRescue] VME CG9
>
> Hi!
>
> I have two CG9 (24.bit VMEbus gfx-cards, P/N 501-1434) here, I wonder if
> someone have drivers for these, or the version of SunOS 4 that supports
> these beasts, I have tried stock Solaris 2.3 but it don't include drivers,
> and the FE handbook only states that it's not suported under OpenWindows 2
> or 3, whats left SunView? =) Or is would stock SunOS 4.1.1 work?
>
> /Mattias

I am interested in getting the CG9 running as well.  I also have a GP2
go along with it.  Sunos 4.1.x comes with "gpconfig" and microcode
for the graphics processor, but I have not been able to get the CG9
running.  There is patch to X11R6 sources that gets a CG9 running.  I've
never had the time to try that out though.  Anyway, I'd also be
interested
in finding out what software is required to run these things.