[SunRescue] Multiple HDs on an Ultra5/10?

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Jan 23 02:54:42 CST 2000

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 11:49:21PM -0800, Dan Jameyson wrote:
> I don't see any reason why setting the slave/master wouldn't work... if
> it's IDE spec, then it's IDE spec <shrug>; so long as you know what
> devices to use, I doubt there'd be any problem. My ultra 5 only has one
> 5.25 slot for the CDROM, yet still has a PC card thing. Honestly, does
> anyone out there have a PCMCIA thingie on an Ultra5?

Out of all the U5s and U10s i've seen, not a one had the PC card reader
in its "assigned place".  IMHO, a generic "floppy drive" bay with a
pop-out cover would have been more useful; I could have actually put
another removable-media drive in that bay.

Bill

--
|Bill Bradford          | mrbill at pdp11.org     | mrbill at mrbill.net    |