[SunRescue] ARTEport cards

Chris Conn cconn at abacom.com
Fri Jan 14 21:29:40 CST 2000

Hello,

I recently acquired some 16port ARTEport cards and am trying to get them
to work.  I am using Solaris 2.6.

The drivers are properly installed (it seems) and I am able to connect to
a modem I attached to one of the ports.  Strangely, when I try to dial I
get connected at 9600 when I set the port speed to 57600.  If I set the
speed to 38400 however I connect at 38400.

However, in both cases, once connected I cannot transmit any data, and
eventually get disconnected.  I am trying to use a port on this card to
fully benifit of my 56k external modem.

Anyone have any hints??  They would be much appreciated.  Could it be that
I am using a standard serial cable and should be using a particular
pinout?  The breakout box came with a bunch of connectors (DB-25 -> RJ45).

Machine is a SS20.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Conn