FW: [SunRescue] Warning: add_spec blah blah

Sheldon T. Hall shall1 at columbus.rr.com
Wed Jan 12 06:32:39 CST 2000

On Tuesday, January 11, 2000 8:59 PM, Lyndon Griffin wrote:
> Shot in the dark, here:  try either touching /reconfigure or doing a boot
-r to
> reconfigure the devices...  maybe it will go away?

I just did a "boot -r" on the LX, and it's still complaining about "no
major number for ifp" ...

Another oddity ... if I telnet in, "su -" to root, and run things, the
"mail" command and the "ls" command hang.  Both commands (and many, many
others) work fine from the physical console.

Thanks for any clues.

-Shel