[SunRescue] 4/6xx capabilities?

David Rouse drouse at arlington.newsargus.com
Tue Jan 11 17:56:28 CST 2000

> OK, for the sake of discussion....  If I want to try to put together
> a reasonable board set for a 600 class machine, what boards would I
> need to look out for?  I have a couple of 12 slot cases that could
> use an update from a 3/160 class machine.
>
> Any suggestions to make a cadillac style machine out of a sow's ear?

I've met a guy in the triangle part of North Carolina who has several
internal disk packs for the 600 machines (if I understood him correctly)
plus the disks. Might be more storage than you need, but if you like
I'll put you in touch with him.

Run dejanews for "Sun" or "sparc" against *triangle* in the last month
or so and you can find him yourself ... just don't buy his Sparc 10, I'm
trying to get that one.

---
David Rouse
Network Manager