Re(2): [SunRescue] Palm [was: Hardware reference re-structuring ideas.]

Tim Hauber Tim_Hauber at STEV.net
Thu Jan 6 16:00:18 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org,Internet writes:
>So, what programs do you use for those?  I've lost my link to the
>tv-remote program that I had.  How well does the terminal work out?
>	Greg

hang on, where'd I put that stupid stylus...

Palm telnet (Telnet and terminal)
http://netpage.em.com.br/mmand/palmtelnet.htm
OmniRemote http://www.pacificneotek.com

both those URLs are from the about screen I got them from palmgear or
ZDnet.

The terminal is readable, obviously you have to scroll for long lines, it
will capture to memo.  I am still looking for one that is this simple, but
still has a scroll back buffer. It does do telnet and serial terminal, and
with MochaPPP you can telnet connected to a Win9x machine for IP without a
modem (haven't tried it, why use a palm when I have the big machine there
anyway) or it will dial up with a standard modem, the dialer/IP stack in
Palm OS3.1 seem to be very reliable.

I also found some Cisco hub management software for Palm, but don't have
any Cisco hubs or routers to try it on.

while we are on the subject, there is a little set of games, that feel
kind of like an elementary school I.Q. test, that give an unreasonable
amount of satisfaction when you improve.
Amusement Park 2 http://www.cakesoftware.com

Tim