[SunRescue] Any Sun3 freaks in the crowd using NetBSD?????

Peter Koch koch at pz.pirmasens.de
Thu Jan 6 04:14:15 CST 2000

Hi!

Gregory Leblanc wrote:
>how are those Sun3 machines doing after the date change?

>Tom Schmidt wrote:
>> Y2K fix for them is to set the date back 28 years!

If he sent them back 28 years, probably fine!

Notice: The hardware of the Sun3 doesn't have any problems
with y2k. The software is it.

On the other hand i'd assume that even under SunOS 3.5 the
date change to 2000 would only raise some quirks and show
some anomalities but the machine wouldn't come to a grinding
halt!

For SunOS 4.1.1 i can speak: There are a handful of programs
and two libc functions that have y2k problems. The kernel
is fine. Since SunOS 4.1.1 uses shared libraries, it is
not too difficult to repair all the y2k problems.
You can find my y2kpatches on the Sun3/3x-Archive.

NetBSD has no problems with 2000.

Tschuess

Peter