[SunRescue] Hardware reference re-structuring ideas.

robert.rose at centrelink.gov.au robert.rose at centrelink.gov.au
Thu Jan 6 01:07:46 CST 2000

> A. Introduction (some rough history of Sun, purpose of FAQ)
> B. Sun Hardware Specifications (Basics, bus, speed, memory type)
>           1. Sun1
>           2. Sun2
>           3. Sun3
>           4. Sun3x
>           x. ...
>         x+1. Chronological Reference chart
> C. Architecture, Hardware Specifics
>           1. Sun1 Architecture Notes
>                 a) SUN 1 Hardware Notes/Errata
>                 x) ...
>           x. ...
>           x. Sun4m Architecture Notes (maybe list of modules, etc)
>                 a) SPARCStation 5 Hardware Notes/Errata
>                 b) SPARCStation 10 Hardware Notes/Errata
>                 c) SPARCStation 20 Hardware Notes/Errata
>                 x) ...
> D. System Options, Processors, etc. by Bus (or in the case of non-bus
specific,
>    by function)
>           1. MultiBUS
>           2. VME
>           3. Sbus
>           x. ...
>           x. Keyboards & Mice

I'd like to add my vote for this kind of format.  Plus can someone make an
attempt at documenting the Sun internal codenames, pre-FCS model names etc, for
example "tazmo" = A26 = E450.  There are also some amusing stories or history
that go with some of the internal codenames like the "Happy Meal" and "Fresh
Choice", while this may not be the right place for them, does anyone know if
they are documented anywhere?

cheers,

Robert Rose
Unix Systems Administrator