[SunRescue] (no subject)

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 30 12:01:21 CST 2000

The 670 is a cool boxen, I have 2, they are heavy beasts (200 or 300 pounds
I think) so expect the shipping to cripple your savings account. Memoryx is
a good honest company, I find their regular prices to be a bit high but if
they have a special or an eBay sale going the stuff can be had cheap enough.
I do not know the other company. Be sure that when you buy RAM for the beast
is it true parity (very important)(avoid the 3 chip kind) and 80 ns or
faster, How much memory do you need? I may part with some of my stock of
genuine Sun memory. I also stock a lot of parts for that series of machines.

The best thing is to read the FAQ's and other info from Mr. Bill's site
www.sunhelp.org of course lurk/participate here on this list.

If you need some help with it I'll be happy to assist.

Take care and enjoy you nifty new toy.

Mike N

--Mike N