[SunRescue] 4.3gig SCA disks

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Fri Jan 28 08:16:31 CST 2000

Keith Kelley wrote:

> I've got an SCA Seagate Hawk ST15230WC sitting
> in front of me.  It's a 4 gig or so drive, but it's
> half-height/inch-and-a-half as opposed to 1 inch,
> so someone more knowledgeable about Ultra1's would
> have to be the judge of whether or not it would fit.

Just to keep up the off-topicing, I successfully managed to ram in a
Seagate 4.3GB HH SCA-drive, into my SS5 WITH the drive-sled. Ofcourse, I
needed some violence to get it there (considering the "handle" on the
drive-sled refused to swing over the drive without force) and I'd have
to sacrifice one SCA-connector on the backplane. That's OK, I have a
spare (broken) SS5 incase I want to run 2 x 1" drives some time. :-)

Also something to recommend to the daredevil SS5-owners: Incase you
don't have an internal CDROM, or if you can sacrifice the internal one,
put an ordinary 50-pin (or 68-pin with converter) drive where the floppy
resides and use the CDROMs 50-pin cable. Fits nicely in there and works
like a charm. :-)
(but I guess you've found out that one already)

	/Regards, Bjorn