[SunRescue] Linux, SS20, partition sizes

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Thu Jan 27 18:10:28 CST 2000

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Apparently so...  I was under the same impression, but I've got 2.25 in my
> machine, and it doesn't seem to work.  I'm not sure if this is a "safeguard"
> that redhat put it, or something else, but I guess I'll have to re-install
> Solaris again.  Thanks,

You don't need to reinstall, just move a partition.  If you have a
seperate /usr then move it to the end of the drive.  If you have one big
partition then you can split off /usr using ufsdump and place it on
another partition.

If there is nothing else on the system then a reinstall is probably
easiest.

-James