[SunRescue] NeXT vs. Sun shootout...

ward at zilla.nu ward at zilla.nu
Thu Jan 27 12:57:17 CST 2000

On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 12:21:31PM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

> WINDOWMAKER!  WINDOWMAKER!
>
> (http://www.mrbill.net/screenshots)
>
> You can have the same interface (well, mostly) on top of Solaris....
> see above screenshots.

Yeah, but you lose the cool OOP integration.  I like an OS that doesn't let you
delete a print queue with jobs in it because you can't kill a parent with live
children.

My favorite part of the desktop is that when you cut and paste something, you
also paste the object that handles the image/text/whatever, so almost any app
can handle almost any image/text/whatever.  WriteNow 1.0 can accept 3d rotating
bar graphs.  It's fun.  However, I dislike OmniWeb 2.0, and wish I could run
OW3 on something other than windows (no OpenStep at this time, just YellowBox).

Reagen