[SunRescue] Really Big Hardware That Makes Noise And Takes Up Space

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Wed Jan 26 03:32:28 CST 2000

On Mon, 24 Jan 2000 apotter at icsa.net wrote:

> I was at WeirdSchtuff on Saturday and they had an SGI Onyx which they claimed
> was functional for $2k.
>
> I'd test on sight and offer $500 and IMMEDIATE pickup if interested.....

Nothing against you, but Steve Booth at Pastech (great guy) has an
Onyx/RE2 (4x150MHz) with a fairly low config for $2500.  Weird Stuff is a
real mish mash of stuff that works great and stuff that doesn't, I'd think
long and hard before buying something expensive to maintain like an Onyx
there.

Of course, if it's an Onyx/IR rack then I could drive up tomorrow...  :)

-James