[SunRescue] Installing RedHat on a Sparc...

Hatle, Steven J. shatle at vue.com
Tue Jan 25 11:53:40 CST 2000

------_=_NextPart_001_01BF675D.1D347BB0

My experience with installing RedHat on 4c and 4m machines is that I have
much better luck if I use a "real" Sun CD-ROM drive. Using my 12X Plextor
(which is fine for Solaris, *BSD, etc) RH Linux installations fail, usually
right after the scsi bus is probed. If I change to my trusty old Sun drive
in the 411 case, the install works, albeit slowly. I've gotten RH on several
SS2's this way.

YMMV

Steve