[SunRescue] Installing RedHat on a Sparc...

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 25 11:48:08 CST 2000

>> Chiming in a little late...  I had some severe problems with RedHat
>> 6.0/6.1 installer on the sparcs...  the python program that is the
>> installer kept blowing up.  I never could get an install done.  Debian

Ok, RH does not like SS2's, any idea how to get around this? (with out
having to get another distro) I attempted to load RH6 on a Tatung
COMPStation 40 (SS2 clone) last night, I told it to boot from the CD-ROM, it
started the install, spun the spinner for a bit, then said "data access
exception" and promptly dumped me to the ok prompt. Just for giggles I tried
for the wayward old SPARC, but I really do need to get RH on this boxen.

Any Ideas?

Machine:
Tatung CS40
16 MB RAM
411 MB HD
Plextor 40X CDROM (external) Block set to 512, SCSI ID6

Mike N