[SunRescue] Linux for SPARCStation 2

Mark Price sloop at paradise.raleigh.nc.us
Mon Jan 24 06:23:01 CST 2000

Hi, even though it is supposed to work, I don't think RedHat Linux 6.1
will install on your SS2.  It wouldn't install on mine (w/ 64MB RAM) and
I've heard from other people that the install program is too bloated or
something for SS2's..  RedHat 6.0 should work, but of course most people
prefer to run a BSD-variant on the SPARCstations.  NetBSD and OpenBSD will
run, as well as OpenStep.

Mark