[SunRescue] SS4 video ??

Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com Ed.Mitchell at centigram.com
Fri Jan 21 07:20:53 CST 2000

Bear with me...though I saw this in no FAQ anywhere...

Just picked up an SS4 the other day.  Took it home, plugged in an older 16"
Sun monitor(color, forget P/N offhand).  The top 1/8-2/3 of the screen gets
horitzontal lines across it(they seem to vary with keyboard input, drive
activity, etc) if the monitor is plugged into the onboard SS4 video.  I
dropped a SunGX card(no idea what the specs are on this card as it says
SunGX on one of the card's chips, but I've found no reference to it
specifically, yet) into the free SBus slot and the video is fine.  It's
interference of some sort, but I'm hard pressed to figure out from what.
Tried disconnecting the internal drive, swapped RAM around, different
outlets, etc(didn't have another monitor to try, but that seems inlikely
since running video off a different card alleviates the problem).  Anyone?