[SunRescue] Silly Question.

Kent Rankin krankin at usit.net
Thu Jan 20 02:39:50 CST 2000

> Pretty impressive, and Onyx/RE2 systems are starting to get really cheap.
> I'd much rather go with one than an Octane for most things anyway.
> Did you have full-screen antialiasing turned on?  That sucks cycles like
> there's no tomorrow but looks beautiful.

	I don't believe so.  I recall it being rather slow until I ran one of
the other executables included.  It was a quad-200MHz system with 384MB
of RAM.  If only it could have taken advantage of a few more
processors.  *grin*

> CAVEs are very nice.  The one we had at ISI running off of an Onyx2 IR
> 8-CPU rack was tremendous fun after-hours.  "Holodeck Mk. 1".

	Hehe... never thought of the holodeck.  *grin*  Used to work with a
135-degree by 85-degree model that was about 18' wide.  Only fun we ever
had was making everything move just fast enough to make us dizzy.
*grin*

						-Kent Rankin