[SunRescue] The latest haul....

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Mon Jan 17 06:27:34 CST 2000

Kent Rankin wrote:

> > wow. I won't tell what we "rescued" last Friday though. :-)
> > (i mean, we didn't actually "rescue" the item, but it was for free)
> >
> > Check if you can see "SPARCstorage Array Software" somewhere in there. I
> > have no idea where to find it, I don't even know if it's included on the
> > OS-CD's. :-)
> > Also, please keep your eyes out for any Solstice CD's.
>
>         Whis it that I suddenly find myself humming a line from that George
> Michaels song, over and over again?
>
>                 "Jealousy, ain't a part of me... jealousy, ain't a..."

Oh sorry, and especially to you Paul, it wasn't ment to be in a negative
matter. I just said "wow" cause I've never came across a 715/50 (or
higher). I'm still curious about those machines. :-)

>         Which model, in particular?  *grin*

We recieved two SPARCserver 1000E and two SPARCstorage Arrays.
The Arrays was empty, and one of them was missing a GBIC + fiber cable.
The first machine was equipped with two 85MHz CPUs and 128MB, the other
one was empty.
This brings me to the next point; where can I find CPU-boards, and for
how much? (Just for curiosity)
Anyone who know?

Since you were specificly asking about the Arrays, it's the 112 model.
As I said, they were both empty, but I managed to put a small 535MB
Seagate SCA-drive from my SS5 in there, held with two pieces of paper
rolled up into two balls, which holds the drive "securely". :-)
(and yes, I miss the drive-sleds too, that's why the oddball experiment)

The experiment worked out OK. the machine is running like a charm. Fast
as... I don't know what.
Although, I'm curious about the software mentioned in some manuals
covering the SSA's. From what I can see, you can configure all sorts of
cool things on the SSA, something I've been missing.

	/Regards, Bjorn