[SunRescue] SPARC LX VSIMM

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Sat Jan 15 13:59:29 CST 2000

Good afternoon.

I have a SPARCstation LX, as well as a recently acquired LX VSIMM... I am
wondering how one would go about seeing if it was operational, as UPS had
left it in my mailbox overnight (just so happened to be a -4 degrees F
night)... also what are the temperature extremes for such memory?

I have Debian GNU/Linux 2.1 on it now, but I can temporarily install SunOS
4.1.3_U1 or Solaris 2.5.1... preferably anything from the PROM to
determine the presence... or will it be detected and detailed upon
installation into the LX?

Thanks.

      * * *       Atari 8-bit!  Battlestar: Galactica * Descent * SCSI
      * * *      400/800/XL/XE  Star Raiders * Galaga * SPARCstation LX
  *  *  *  *  * 2600/5200/7800  Star Wars * Voltron * Star Trek * Summer
--Linux/SPARC-Debian-2.1--------------!  ! ! L I N U X ! !  !-----2.2.13--