[SunRescue] what's the difference?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Jan 13 23:40:14 CST 2000

paul wrote:

> Hello, rescuers...
>
> Is there any difference between a SM71 SuperSparc processor (75mhz, right?) and
> a TMS390Z55 SuperSparc processor (also at 75 mhz).  Is there any difference?

I believe that the TMS390Z55 is just notation that this is a TI
SuperSPARC processor with cache, so both of these CPUs are the same.

> Do all TMS390Z55 processors clock at 75 mhz?

I don't know where you're getting this TMS number, but on bootup my SS20
reports that it has 2 X 390 Z 55 processors, and mine are clocked at
40MHz.  As I said above, just seems to be general TI notation, not
specific info about that module.
	Greg