[SunRescue] speaking of p4 boards

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Wed Jan 12 06:17:36 CST 2000

Lyndon Griffin wrote:

> And then, for a tangent, can anyone point me to documentation on the Knight
> Rider lights on the 330 and 470 motherboards?  I've noticed that, for one
> thing, they only go woosh-woosh when running SunOS on the 330 - OpenBSD doesn't
> have woosh-woosh code, apparently ;)

We all love the woosh-woosh.
Ever seen a 4/400 with 4 RAM-boards and 4 IPI-controllers?
I love to see all those blinkenlichts going when the activity is rising.
:-)

And, notice all the different "schemes" they have. Apparently the 4/400
and 3/400 has the same pattern, two "balls" going from middle to the end
and bouncing back and forth. 4/300 has the usual "Knight Rider" look,
while the 4/600 has the curious "black ball" being chased by another
one... fascinating. ISP-80 (IPI) controllers have just running lights,
sort of "flowing" pattern.

	/Regards, Bjorn