[SunRescue] 4/6xx capabilities?

Bjrn Ramqvist brt at osk.sema.se
Wed Jan 12 06:09:43 CST 2000

BSD Bob wrote:

> Are there any gotchas in the bus jumper settings in an old style 12 slot
> deskside chassis that I would need to be aware of?  If it is the only
> card, then I could isolate everything by pulling jumpers, I suppose.
> Effectively, it sounds like it would be the only card.

That sounds almost like an idea I have together with another friend; to
put as many VME-CPU's as possible into a x90 cardcage as possible, by
isolating the VME-bus. Practicly it should work, but I have no idea what
so ever how to make the 4/300 (for example) to simply ignore any
VME-traffic. Even if I have to cut a few traces, so be it, but I have no
idea what traces to cut...

Would that be a super-cool cluster, with multiple 4/300's? :-)
(or consider 4/600's)

	/Regards, Bjorn