[SunRescue] scrap yard sadness

Martin Frost martin at dsres.com
Tue Jan 11 10:16:01 CST 2000

"Bjrn Ramqvist" wrote:

> I mean.. heh, how could someone be so incredibly stupid and silly, to
> come up with such an idea that "if these things are going away, we must
> spend some time breaking all the equipment instead of doing our job"!

While I was at school, I did a work placement for two weeks in a TV
repair place. One particular insurance company (can't remember which)
actually had a stipulation that once they had agreed something as
being beyond economical repair, it had to be destroyed to a level that
no part was useful as a spare. This was particularly disheartening when
I was building various radios and the like and I see one of the other
people sticking a screwdriver in a perfectly working speaker because
they can't get a spare part for the power supply.

--m