[SunRescue] Hardware reference re-structuring ideas.

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 5 22:02:10 CST 2000

Hi all

[delurk]

I've been watching this thread for a bit, for what it's worth my feeling is
that the equipment should be laid out roughly as Greg has proposed with
maybe one twist, pehap all of the VME stuff should just be lumped together
since to the newbie it all looks alike. <just a thought>

Myself, Brian Cirulnick, George Adkins, Henry Katz and Mike B of the UK have
begun a similar project. Instead of having parrallel efforts we would like
to co-ordinate our work. (I think Brain has been in contact with Greg) I
myself have been gathering a list of all the Sun part numbers with
descriptions that I can to create a super database of sun part info, I also
sell used SPARC stuff so I can take plenty of photos of the older machines.
I have like 40 or so machines here as well and 411, 611 and 811 boxes.

I also have several older editions of the FEH, one from 91, one from 93 and
most of a 95 ed. so if anyone needs reference to something please let me
know. I also have tons of VME stuff. Mostly 4/xxx stuff though.

</ramble>

Cheers,

Mike N