[SunRescue] 3/60 crate

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 29 05:47:09 CST 2000

On Mon, 28 Feb 2000 15:10:30 -0800 (PST), James Lockwood wrote:

>On Mon, 28 Feb 2000, Paul Khoury wrote:
>
>> auction.apcc.com - cheap UPS's, sometimes the price of the batteries themselves.
>
>www.meci.com.  They've got brand new APC UPS' on the cheap ($115 for
>600VA, $185 for 1KVA, $310 for a Smart-UPS 1400VA).  Best deals I've seen.
>The rackmount 1400VA unit for $365 looks awfully tempting.

Hmmm...  Are these BackUPS or SmartUPS?  Right now, I only have backup for
my 3 most critical machines and hub (and the ThinkPads are pretty self-explanatory),
but I have yet to be able to afford more UPS's.  How many SS1+'s or SS2's would the
1400VA do on average?

>> >Power here is currently $0.0746/kWh.  If it were half that I could more

I'm assuming that's pretty cheap?  How much is power usually?

>Count your blessings, power here is twice that.  One of the many reasons I
>sold off all my big VME crates.

And gave me that one... =)

Fortunately, the power here is split into thirds, and I don't like the other two guys anyways.
Thus there's 13 machines on ('course, there'd be 13 machines online regardless).