Soda-talking (was Re: [SunRescue] Real ISP)

Kurt Huhn kurthuhn at k-huhn.com
Mon Feb 28 19:02:45 CST 2000

> As for my consumption of choice while working, since I work
>reaaally long hours continuously(seven days a week, sixteen hours a
>day),
>I like really high-speed dance music.  A lot of Goa stuff, generally
>starting at 220bpm.  Either that or high-speed punk music.  Odd
>combination, that... Koxbox and the Misfits.  *LOL*
>

> -Kent Rankin

AAWRIGHT!  That does it Kent!  I knew we had some things in common, but this
tears it!

As I sit here typing a presentation for a meeting tommorow (I'm reorganizing
the internal structure of the division I belong to in the company I work
for) Im listening to some wild stuff from Silverstein, Ypsilon 5, DJ
Mary-Jane, and Betweenzone, among others.  Its a great compilation I burned
onto CD a short time ago that includes Goa and Heavy Trance.  Nothing at
220bpm (I don't think, tough to count that fast), but there's some great
stuff in the ~160-180 bpm range (just cause I read the descriptions).
They're all in MP3 format, mostly at 128Kb/44KHz.  The CD has about 600MB,
and plays a loooooong time.  I don't think I've ever listened to it straight
through, the Goa selections alone run for over 4 hours.  I've probably got
enough MP3s on my network to burn 5 or 6 CDs - including all the stuff form
the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Clash, Smiths, Depeche Mode, and New Order.

Damn, I'm a music junkie...

There's plans in the works with my sister-in-law to create a multimedia CD
with Goa and Heavy Trance playing while a montage of visual images flashes
across the monitor at full screen.  I think it's going to be a killer party
CD.  The great thing about this music is that I can listen to while writing
presentations and books without distraction - very energizing too.

Well, now you've gone and done it Kent.  I don't suppose you were born in a
Navy hospital were you?  I'm going to have to soil myself if you come back
and say "Why, yes I was.  On the Great Lakes Naval base in Illinois...".

Kurt
<who already has one "seperated at birth" friend - this is getting wierd>