[SunRescue] SS1 bookshelves

P.A.Osborne P.A.Osborne at ukc.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 03:57:06 CST 2000

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 01:42:32AM -0800, Paul Khoury wrote:

> >Bill (my quest is now to acquire enough SPARCstation 1s so that I can build
> >bookshelves out of them + some lumber - but have all the machines fully
> >operational...)
> >
> Too late Bill - I have one running now, another which is having
Solaris 7 installed now,

NO DONT GO THERE.  Its so painfull it makes me want to weep thinking
about it.

I just jope that you are using a Sun 2 speed CDROM drive so you have the
full painfull experience.

It was the jumbo patch that finally did it for me....

> and yet another which I'm going to put Linux on - the 2 I have now are
> both loaded with 64MB of RAM... =)

I admit however that OpenBSD on a sparc 2 with 64MB is nice but
Solaris is just sooo painfull.

--Paul

--
"look at it this way dear,  at least my hobbies don't tend to
require vast expenditure to fill a room with rubbish"