[SunRescue] NEW THREAD!! ISP related

Paul Khoury pkhoury3 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 27 02:55:54 CST 2000

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:21:37 -0500, Tim Hauber wrote:

>I am, and she was just mildly techie, but now she is working on a BS in
>Network Admin.  Unfortunately I think she is going to end up an NT
>advocate, but I'm working on her.

Keep up the good work... =)
Even though I'm *grin* using Windows 2000 on this machine (my primary machine).

>Now that the question of ISPs is out there, how fast a line does everyone
>have to their homes?  I'm living at 33.6 dial up, gatewayed to 4 or 5
>machines most of the time.

I get a consistent 49333 connection, shared amongst 12 boxes on my home LAN.
Embarressingly, I use my former ISP still, but I'd get in trouble if I was using
Earthlink for an almost 24/7 dialup connection. =)

Paul