Re(2): [SunRescue] glue?

Tim Hauber tim_hauber at STEV.net
Sat Feb 26 12:38:54 CST 2000

rescue at sunhelp.org writes:
>I'd imagine that some form of epoxy would have been used.  Have
>you tried calling an electronic's supply house?  I'm sure that you could
>find out what it is by calling and asking for such a supply, then posing
>a few questions.
>

>						Hope that it helps,
>						Kent Rankin

not having seen the board in question, they are often held on with the
same stuff you see daubed on screws in old radio chassis to prevent
loosening.  It is an elastic material that doesn't react with anything
normally found in electronics, and is fairly heat resistant, the same
stuff is often used to hold CRT yokes and alignment rings where they
belong.  If all you need is to hold the wires in place I'd use electrical
tape.