[SunRescue] Re: [Sunhelp] Linux on SPARC

Martin Wedel xsintrk at xsintrk.net
Fri Feb 25 12:02:46 CST 2000

>.>> The machine is a SS1+, 660MB drive, 32MB of RAM, but that's going
>.>> to 64MB hopefully this weekend.
>.>
>.>I wholeheartedly concur with Ido who suggested OpenBSD.  I have run
them
>.>all on my machines, and if you want serious unix on a sparc, run
OpenBSD,

Just to throw in my two cents, I'd also have to recommend OpenBSD.
Painless 1 disk installer, I keep a copy of the install files on one
of my boxes, and use Opens ftp install to load the rest. All in all,
very reliable and secure. We run it on everything from a 3/80 to IPCs,
IPXs, and our x86 boxen as well. Probably one of the easier BSD's to
configure properly, IMHO.

-Martin Wedel
 webmaster, XsinTRK.net